Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Autumn here, a time to think of planting - the days are cooler the humidity is dropping, hurrah a good nights sleep is guaranteed and after all this good nights sleeping, my thoughts turn to self sufficiency, and other things as well.

We still own property in NZ and are renting in OZ and as the owners love their palms and grass I/we cannot dig up the back yard for a veggie patch so this weekend we are going to make some wicking boxes to grow our veggies in.

We now have seven wicking boxes planted up with more planned. This was a joint effort, P did the 'engineering' I did the hard work :)

As there is limited space I am going to plant sugar snap and zucchini/courgettes in hanging baskets will let you know if it works.

When I work out how to publish piccies, I will publish piccies :)

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that a 'wicking box' is a raised bed? Yes? No?

    ReplyDelete